Spišské Podhradie    Map    Google Map

    Originally, Spišské Podhradie was a settlement bellow the Spiš Castle.
    It was a community of the Sas nation living in the Spiš region. Already in the 14-th century it became an important centre of crafts. In 1412 it was (as a part of a deposit) given to the polish King as counter-value for the financial loan.
    A church, built in the Roman style with some gothic and classicistic features and the gothic side-altar (1500), is an interesting cultural monument. In the town, there you will find a renaissance Town Hall from the year 1546, renaissance and baroque houses of craftsmen and townsmen, a church and a monastery of merciful brothers (rebuilt in the Baroque style) and a baroque marian column.

SURROUNDINGS: Spiš Castle (4 km), Dreveník (5 km), Spišská Kapitula (2 km), Žehra (5 km), Levoča (15 km), Gelnica (35 km), Spišská Nová Ves (25 km).



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy