Originally it was a mining village. The Csákys built here several high temperature furnaces in 1723. Later, the furnaces were bought by the Coburgs. The last furnace operated till 1927. In the chapel (from the year 1800), there is a carving made by Master Paul from Levoča (the most important carver of that time).
The National Nature Reserve Stratená is located close to the village. It is a region of deep valleys and high mountains covered by forest even on the most extreme places.
ACCESS: By train from Banská Bystrica through Dobšinská ľadová jaskyňa (Dobšinská Ice Cave) or from Margecany. By bus from Poprad through Vernár or from Spišská Nová Ves.
SURROUNDINGS: Havrania skala (Raven Rock), Dedinky and Dobšinská ľadová jaskyňa (Dobšinská Ice Cave).