The village is situated in the upper flow of the Hornád river in the north-west part of the Slovak Paradise. In 1246 it was mentioned as an abbey of the Cistercians religion. In 1260 the village and the abbey went up in flames. After it was renovated, it burned down several times again.
RELICS: A gothic Roman-Catholic church built at the end of the 14-th century, refurbished in the Baroque style in the 18-th century; Renaissance manor-house from the 16-17-th century, built on the ruins of a Middle Ages-monastery, enlarged according to the proposal of D. Jurkovič.
AVAILABLE SERVICES: private accommodation.
ACCESS: By bus from Poprad (10 km) through Hranovnica (3 km).
SURROUNDINGS: Hranovnica (3 km), Betlanovce (3 km), Podlesok (5 km), Hrabušice (5 km).
NOTE: The village is not a suitable starting point for the hikes to the Slovak Paradise.